Sunday, February 26, 2012

Oatmeal Packets

A former sugar junkie goes naturaler little by little...

Years ago, I would have absolutely rejected the idea that something homemade could taste as good as something manufactured, but now I've seasoned my palate to enjoy "real" flavors more and more.

Always in need of quick, easy and healthy breakfast and snack options for the workweek, I was thrilled when I came across a recipe for pre-made oatmeal packets on the Simple Dollar.

I assembled 10 packets, the first of which I added more cinnamon and 1 tsp of brown sugar.  I am already looking forward to eating it tomorrow at work!

I will also experiment with different spices (cardamom!) and seasonal toppings and dried fruit mixes, and keep you updated on the results.


I made 10 packets, which works well with my two week budget of twenty nine dollars

With minimal time, and ingredients I usually have on hand, I took care of the bulk of 10 meals - either breakfast or my afternoon snack.

I also found a recipe for Apple Pie Oatmeal topping that I will make later this week with all the apples I've been neglecting.

Or, I could dice up some apple and pear and mix it in the oatmeal when it's done.

Efficiency eating!

No comments:

Post a Comment