It's so much fun to make your own junk food!
Chocolate syrup is pretty much unhealthy no matter what, but doesn't there seem to be something a little healthier about it having only five very pronounceable ingredients?
cocoa, sugar, water, vanilla extract and salt
Essentially, you just put them in a pot, bring to a boil for a bit, simmer for a while, wait for it to thicken, cool and enjoy.
1 cup cocoa powder
1 1/2 - 2 cups sugar, to taste
1/4 tsp salt
1 cup water
1 Tbsp vanilla
1. Mix cocoa, sugar and salt in a small sauce pan and remove clumps.
2. Add water.
3. Bring to a boil, let boil for a few minutes
4. Reduce to simmer and simmer for a while (at least 10 minutes)
5. Remove from heat, add vanilla, and allow to cool.
6. Refrigerate - the colder it is the thicker it is.
It's getting dangerous in my kitchen!!!!
Worse, I discovered my crappy oven in my current crappy rental does NOT overheat like my last 3 crappy ovens...so I can finally start to bake successful CAKES!