I have no idea if this is an "authentic" recipe but holy hell was it GOOD!
After consulting a few recipes, I came to the conclusion that if I melted some butter, added some cream and Parmesan, it would be pretty good.
I love being right!
I was too hungry and nervous about making this for the first time, so I didn't take step by step pictures, which means - I'll have to make this again!!
Fettuccine Alfredo (maybe)
- 1/2 cup butter (1 stick)
- 1 half pint cream (4 oz)
- 2 very large handfuls of freshly shredded Parmesean
- a tiny dash of garlic powder
- a few twists of freshly ground pepper
- a bit of freshly chopped parsley for garnish if you want
- Fettuccine noodles - I used 1/2 a package of fresh Spinach Fettuccine by a local company (Pasta Plus), and as always, I made way too much. Don't be like me. Measure your noodles. Just don't ask me how much to use.
When the sauce is awesome and to your liking, add the noodles and stir gently to coat.
This is really really really good with freshly roasted asparagus. I mean just look at it!
If you want a more polished recipe, check out the blogs I routinely scour for inspiration: the Pioneer Woman and Simply Recipes.